Are you curious about how to compress PPT and reduce its file size? If so, you come to the right place. In this post, MiniTool PDF Editor shows a step-by-step guide to PPT file compression.
Why Do You Compress PPT File Size?
Why do you compress PPT file size? The PPT is a highly effective tool utilized by various industry professionals for creating and delivering presentations. People usually add many images, audio files, or other file formats to enrich the PowerPoint file’s content.
However, the more material you add, the bigger the PPT file size will be. When the file size reaches a certain value, it will prevent you from sharing the PPT file with others. In this case, you may need to compress the PPT file to reduce PowerPoint file size.
Besides, there are some other reasons why it becomes crucial to compress the PPT file size:
- You have limited storage capacity and want to save storage space.
- You want to make it easier to upload and download the PPT file.
- You want to reduce email attachment size.
- You want to avoid delays or glitches while delivering a live presentation.
- You want to make sure everyone can access the PowerPoint file even with a slow internet connection.
A complete guide on CDR to PDF conversion is listed in this post. If you want to convert documents from WPS to PDF, you can follow this post.
How to Compress a PowerPoint File via MiniTool PDF Editor?
Are you wondering how to compress PPT on your Windows computer? Look no further than MiniTool PDF Editor! This versatile tool not only compresses PPT files, but also Word, Excel, and PDF files.
In addition to compression, MiniTool PDF Editor offers a range of conversion options, including PDF to PDF/A, PDF to PPT, Word to PDF, image to PDF, and more. You can even convert Word, PPT, and Excel files to images, or HEIC files to PNG, JPG, BMP, or TIF formats.
But that’s not all – MiniTool PDF Editor also provides a host of PDF editing tools, from changing the text color to adding or replacing pages, creating a table of contents, and removing headers and footers. With this powerful software, compressing your PPT files has never been easier.
Here are the detailed steps for how to compress PPT file via MiniTool PDF Editor:
Step 1. Click the Download button below to get the MiniTool PDF Editor installation package, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the program on your PC.
Step 2. Launch into its main interface and click the Compress PDF feature.
Step 3. To access additional features, simply click on “More Features” located at the bottom left corner of the pop-up window.
Step 4. In the features window, there are six categories of features to choose from. You should select the Other Features category on the second line.
Step 5. Select the Compress PPT tab from the left panel and select Add Files to open the file explorer window. Next, choose the desired PPT file and click the Open button to proceed.
Step 6. Choose the corresponding number from the drop-down menu of Compression Level. Then, select a save location for the compressed PPT file by clicking on the three-dot icon next to the Output Path. Finally, hit the Start button to initiate the compression process.
Step 7. After the compression process is complete, you can access the file by clicking on the Open directory icon located next to the Output Path or under Option.
Other Useful Ways to Reduce PowerPoint File Size
1. Compress images. You just need to open the PPT file and select the Compress Pictures feature under the Picture Format tab.
2. Compress videos. To do that, you need to open the PPT file and go to File > Info > Media Size and Performance.
3. Delete image editing data. To do that, you just need to open the PPT file, go to File > Options > Advanced > Image Size and Quality, and uncheck the Discard editing data checkbox.
4. Lower the image’s default resolution. You just need to go to the Image Size and Quality section in the Options window and then select a proper resolution.
5. Clean out the Master Views in PowerPoint. To complete that, you just need to open the PPT file, select the View tab, and use Slide Master, Handout Master, and Notes Master to delete the hidden graphics and other useless contents.
6. Delete 3D models or replace them with 2D pictures.
If you are curious about how to compress Word document, this post is worth reading. It shows a step-by-step guide to this compression.
How to Compress a PowerPoint File Online?
If you don’t like to download any applications on your computer, you can try using an online PPT compression tool to help with this compression. There are several browser-based PowerPoint compression tools available. Here I use ZAMZAR as an example:
- Navigate to the ZAMZAR website.
- Click Choose Files to add your PPT files to the page or drop your PPT files to the specified location.
- Wait for the process to be completed. Once done, click Download to get the compressed PPT files from the website.
Wrapping Things up
How to compress PPT? Now, I believe that you’ve already known the answers. You can follow the steps in this post to compress PowerPoint file without data loss.
In addition, if you encounter problems while using MiniTool PDF Editor, leave comments in the comment zone or contact us via [email protected]. We will get back to you as soon as possible.